Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa, getting high; it makes sense, right? So it’s only natural that Rick Ross recruits these two for the remix of Super High. The production of DJ Clark Kent and The Remedy (which Los just used for his DJBooth Freestyle) really set the mood, creating a smooth sense of luxury and leisure with slick bass lines and drum rolls, along with a hook from Ne-Yo, that compliments the three emcees’ laid back flows. As for Spitta and Wiz, the duo’s glamorized weed talk has never sounded so rich. Speaking of which, is anyone better at luxury rap than Rick Ross? Ever since Maybach Music, the Miami rapper has had an aura of a white-on-white, aviator shades, and Gucci….everything. This kind of song is typical Ricky, but I’m not complaining. With tracks like these, I have to believe we’ll all find his upcoming album Teflon Don to be a solid project when it drops July 20. Let’s just hope the real Freeway Ricky Ross doesn’t take all of the Bawse’s money; then what would the rapper talk about?
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.