Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa, getting high; it makes sense, right? So it’s only natural that Rick Ross recruits these two for the remix of Super High. The production of DJ Clark Kent and The Remedy (which Los just used for his DJBooth Freestyle) really set the mood, creating a smooth sense of luxury and leisure with slick bass lines and drum rolls, along with a hook from Ne-Yo, that compliments the three emcees’ laid back flows. As for Spitta and Wiz, the duo’s glamorized weed talk has never sounded so rich. Speaking of which, is anyone better at luxury rap than Rick Ross? Ever since Maybach Music, the Miami rapper has had an aura of a white-on-white, aviator shades, and Gucci….everything. This kind of song is typical Ricky, but I’m not complaining. With tracks like these, I have to believe we’ll all find his upcoming album Teflon Don to be a solid project when it drops July 20. Let’s just hope the real Freeway Ricky Ross doesn’t take all of the Bawse’s money; then what would the rapper talk about?
Written by Jon Garcia on 06/30/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.