I know what you’re thinking: has Rick Ross given up the cocaine hustle to become a weed rapper?! Inconceivable! Well, fans of the Miami heavyweight can breathe a sigh of relief; Super High, the lead single off his hotly-anticipated fourth studio album, doesn’t really have anything to do with drugs at all – or, rather, it revolves around the most powerful drug of all: love. Here, The Remedy and DJ Clark Kent cook up an appropriately swanky, soul-sampled instrumental as the rapper pays homage to a female who has him flying high above the clouds, promising to supply her with all the finer things in life: bags, globetrotting vacations, expensive liquor, the works. Of course, it’s not a Rick Ross single without a big-name guest appearance; this time, it’s R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who provides support, tying the whole package together with a characteristically smooth verse and chorus. Will this cut score Super High ratings in the Booth? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should keep it locked for all the latest release details on Teflon Don currently set to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.