Whether Rick Ross is hard at work in the recording studio, rolling down the street in his Maybach, or getting sponge-bathed by beautiful women, you can be sure that, in the back of his mind, the rap heavyweight is plotting how to stay one step ahead of his rivals. (Apologies for making you imagine Ricky Rozay in the bathtub, by the way.) Originally featured on Ross’ Rich Forever tape but repurposed as the lead single off his currently-delayed fifth full-length (You the Boss and I Love My B*tches have apparently been erased from history.), Stay Schemin’ finds The Beat Bully serving up a slow-burning synth beat to back Ross as he emphasizes the importance of keeping one’s head in the game at all times. After the headliner’s imperious opener, Drake grabs the mic for a searing malediction aimed at a certain high-profile hater, spitting, “It bothers me when the gods get to acting like the broads.” Cocaine City/Bad Boy emcee French Montana caps the cut off with a brief, braggadocious closing verse. Is this single appealing enough to earn God Forgives, I Don’t a solid drop date? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.