Whether Rick Ross is hard at work in the recording studio, rolling down the street in his Maybach, or getting sponge-bathed by beautiful women, you can be sure that, in the back of his mind, the rap heavyweight is plotting how to stay one step ahead of his rivals. (Apologies for making you imagine Ricky Rozay in the bathtub, by the way.) Originally featured on Ross’ Rich Forever tape but repurposed as the lead single off his currently-delayed fifth full-length (You the Boss and I Love My B*tches have apparently been erased from history.), Stay Schemin’ finds The Beat Bully serving up a slow-burning synth beat to back Ross as he emphasizes the importance of keeping one’s head in the game at all times. After the headliner’s imperious opener, Drake grabs the mic for a searing malediction aimed at a certain high-profile hater, spitting, “It bothers me when the gods get to acting like the broads.” Cocaine City/Bad Boy emcee French Montana caps the cut off with a brief, braggadocious closing verse. Is this single appealing enough to earn God Forgives, I Don’t a solid drop date? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.