Whether Rick Ross is hard at work in the recording studio, rolling down the street in his Maybach, or getting sponge-bathed by beautiful women, you can be sure that, in the back of his mind, the rap heavyweight is plotting how to stay one step ahead of his rivals. (Apologies for making you imagine Ricky Rozay in the bathtub, by the way.) Originally featured on Ross’ Rich Forever tape but repurposed as the lead single off his currently-delayed fifth full-length (You the Boss and I Love My B*tches have apparently been erased from history.), Stay Schemin’ finds The Beat Bully serving up a slow-burning synth beat to back Ross as he emphasizes the importance of keeping one’s head in the game at all times. After the headliner’s imperious opener, Drake grabs the mic for a searing malediction aimed at a certain high-profile hater, spitting, “It bothers me when the gods get to acting like the broads.” Cocaine City/Bad Boy emcee French Montana caps the cut off with a brief, braggadocious closing verse. Is this single appealing enough to earn God Forgives, I Don’t a solid drop date? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)