Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Think Rick Ross’ style is simplistic? Au contraire, mon frere; according to the bawse’s latest feature, he’s just So Sophisticated he makes it look easy. The deceptive complexity of Ross’ bars is just one of the many factors that make the hip-hop heavyweight a paragon of class. On the latest street single off his fifth studio album, Beat Bully‘s whip-ready arpeggiated-synth/808 boardwork pounds in the background as the rapper cites numerous examples of his knowledge, taste and refinement—from the laudable (He used his success in the game to put all his homies on) to the completely baffling and possibly sarcastic (I’m so sophisticated / Smokin’ weed, bustin’ open dollar liquor later.”). On the back, Maybach Music fast-riser Meek Mill offers a somewhat different take on the titular quality, boasting about the paper he’s been stacking and rebuffing those who would try and piggyback off his success. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: is Ricky Rozay’s latest banger So Sophisticated that you feel compelled to stick your pinky out while listening? If so, you can expect more suave and cultivated bangers on God Forgives, I Don’t, scheduled for release July 31, via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)