Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Think Rick Ross’ style is simplistic? Au contraire, mon frere; according to the bawse’s latest feature, he’s just So Sophisticated he makes it look easy. The deceptive complexity of Ross’ bars is just one of the many factors that make the hip-hop heavyweight a paragon of class. On the latest street single off his fifth studio album, Beat Bully‘s whip-ready arpeggiated-synth/808 boardwork pounds in the background as the rapper cites numerous examples of his knowledge, taste and refinement—from the laudable (He used his success in the game to put all his homies on) to the completely baffling and possibly sarcastic (I’m so sophisticated / Smokin’ weed, bustin’ open dollar liquor later.”). On the back, Maybach Music fast-riser Meek Mill offers a somewhat different take on the titular quality, boasting about the paper he’s been stacking and rebuffing those who would try and piggyback off his success. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: is Ricky Rozay’s latest banger So Sophisticated that you feel compelled to stick your pinky out while listening? If so, you can expect more suave and cultivated bangers on God Forgives, I Don’t, scheduled for release July 31, via Def Jam.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.