The overnight sensation twelve years in the making, Rick Ross, is finally here. His Def Jam debut album Port of Miami looks to both spread his talent and build a legacy. “I rep Miami, the 305. But my sound goes beyond the city. You can hear everything from UGK to Jay-Z in my music. It’s universal street music. There’s no area code on it,” says Ross. Following up his smash single “Hustlin’,” Ross looks to deliver a knockout punch once again on the album’s second cut, “Push It.” To quote a group who had similar success with a single of the same name, he “pushes it reallll gooood.”
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/06
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.