Looking over the comments on Rick Ross’s recent efforts, the Booth seems pretty divided on the Bawse. Some love the man’s “coke music”; others don’t feel the high. Hopefully his latest song, Perfectionist, which isn’t currently attached to a larger project, will please more than it disappoints. Over the Alchemist’s thumping percussion and breezy piano rolls, Ross and Philly’s Meek Mill switch off sans chorus, rhyming about everything from selling bricks to ransoming daughters, the latter of which is just good business to Meek: “Make a ni**ga pay a couple birds to get his daughter back / get the dirty money clean it all up at the laundromat.” Rozay’s flows are in the same vein, letting us know just how far he’ll go to stack bundles: “Coca Cola minx, canary yellow stones / Imma stunt if it mean I gotta break her bones.” Besides Meek Mill’s business strategies, there’s nothing striking here: It’s the same drug-moving, champagne-sippin’ Ross we’ve heard time and time again. Lovers will love, haters will hate. Regardless, it’s pretty clear that the Teflon Don will remain the same, laying lavishly in his Mafioso-niche.
Written by CourtlandHH on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.