Looking over the comments on Rick Ross’s recent efforts, the Booth seems pretty divided on the Bawse. Some love the man’s “coke music”; others don’t feel the high. Hopefully his latest song, Perfectionist, which isn’t currently attached to a larger project, will please more than it disappoints. Over the Alchemist’s thumping percussion and breezy piano rolls, Ross and Philly’s Meek Mill switch off sans chorus, rhyming about everything from selling bricks to ransoming daughters, the latter of which is just good business to Meek: “Make a ni**ga pay a couple birds to get his daughter back / get the dirty money clean it all up at the laundromat.” Rozay’s flows are in the same vein, letting us know just how far he’ll go to stack bundles: “Coca Cola minx, canary yellow stones / Imma stunt if it mean I gotta break her bones.” Besides Meek Mill’s business strategies, there’s nothing striking here: It’s the same drug-moving, champagne-sippin’ Ross we’ve heard time and time again. Lovers will love, haters will hate. Regardless, it’s pretty clear that the Teflon Don will remain the same, laying lavishly in his Mafioso-niche.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.