Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
As Biggie put it on a standout off 1997’s seminal Life After Death, “You’re Nobody till somebody kills you.” Rick Ross may be alive and kicking, but he subscribes to the late NYC legend’s philosophy. On a(nother) brand new single off his sixth studio album, the MMG general updates the above-referenced East Coast classic for 2014, even channeling Big Poppa’s flow as he paints a ghoulish lyrical picture of life and death in the streets. Appropriately enough, it’s Diddy who provides the cut’s familiar instrumental backdrop, as well as contributing ad-libbed interludes throughout. Bad Boy‘s French Montana lends his sung vocals to the record’s hook. Is this joint a worthy homage to the timeless cut that inspired it? If you think so, you can expect more fresh material on Ross’s Mastermind LP, dropping March 4, via Def Jam.
Update: We have added the Dre Films-directed visuals for Rick Ross’ Nobody single.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.