Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
As Biggie put it on a standout off 1997’s seminal Life After Death, “You’re Nobody till somebody kills you.” Rick Ross may be alive and kicking, but he subscribes to the late NYC legend’s philosophy. On a(nother) brand new single off his sixth studio album, the MMG general updates the above-referenced East Coast classic for 2014, even channeling Big Poppa’s flow as he paints a ghoulish lyrical picture of life and death in the streets. Appropriately enough, it’s Diddy who provides the cut’s familiar instrumental backdrop, as well as contributing ad-libbed interludes throughout. Bad Boy‘s French Montana lends his sung vocals to the record’s hook. Is this joint a worthy homage to the timeless cut that inspired it? If you think so, you can expect more fresh material on Ross’s Mastermind LP, dropping March 4, via Def Jam.
Update: We have added the Dre Films-directed visuals for Rick Ross’ Nobody single.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!