Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
As Biggie put it on a standout off 1997’s seminal Life After Death, “You’re Nobody till somebody kills you.” Rick Ross may be alive and kicking, but he subscribes to the late NYC legend’s philosophy. On a(nother) brand new single off his sixth studio album, the MMG general updates the above-referenced East Coast classic for 2014, even channeling Big Poppa’s flow as he paints a ghoulish lyrical picture of life and death in the streets. Appropriately enough, it’s Diddy who provides the cut’s familiar instrumental backdrop, as well as contributing ad-libbed interludes throughout. Bad Boy‘s French Montana lends his sung vocals to the record’s hook. Is this joint a worthy homage to the timeless cut that inspired it? If you think so, you can expect more fresh material on Ross’s Mastermind LP, dropping March 4, via Def Jam.
Update: We have added the Dre Films-directed visuals for Rick Ross’ Nobody single.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.