Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
As Biggie put it on a standout off 1997’s seminal Life After Death, “You’re Nobody till somebody kills you.” Rick Ross may be alive and kicking, but he subscribes to the late NYC legend’s philosophy. On a(nother) brand new single off his sixth studio album, the MMG general updates the above-referenced East Coast classic for 2014, even channeling Big Poppa’s flow as he paints a ghoulish lyrical picture of life and death in the streets. Appropriately enough, it’s Diddy who provides the cut’s familiar instrumental backdrop, as well as contributing ad-libbed interludes throughout. Bad Boy‘s French Montana lends his sung vocals to the record’s hook. Is this joint a worthy homage to the timeless cut that inspired it? If you think so, you can expect more fresh material on Ross’s Mastermind LP, dropping March 4, via Def Jam.
Update: We have added the Dre Films-directed visuals for Rick Ross’ Nobody single.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Out of all the nicknames Rick Ross has been given - The Bawse, Ricky Rozay, the Taco Truck Killer - the most accurate is the Teflon Don. (Except for maybe the Taco Truck Killer, which I just made up, so I’m biased.)...
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)