Like many emcees, Rick Ross occasionally refers to his business as the rap game. In the Maybach Music Group capo’s case, however, that expression is a bit misleading; as he emphasizes on the freshly-released lead single off his fifth full-length, his attitude toward his hustle is as serious as a heart attack. Premiered yesterday evening on Funk Flex’s Hot 97 program, No Games finds Rozay talking tough to fakes and phonies over an aggressive beat by frequent collaborators J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League. Future provides a bellowed hook. Mastermind has yet to receive a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rick Ross’ Colin Tilley-directed No Games visual.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.