Though it’s been less than a year since his sophomore album, Trilla, was released, Rick Ross has already built up plenty of anticipation for his junior effort, Deeper Than Rap. Having parted ways with Slip-n-Slide Records, Ross will be releasing the album off his own Maybach Music Group imprint (while keeping his Def Jam distribution). Thus the stage is set for the first official street single. For Mafia Music, Ross bypasses the typical hook-and-verses formula (the title’s not even mentioned) and just spits one straight, inspired verse (with numerous potential quotables) over The Inkredibles’ epic-sounding, 4-minute and 20-second beat. Judging from Mafia Music, the audience should expect Deeper Than Rap to live up to its name (and then some!) when it’s released in April.
Written by Burmy on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)