Though it’s been less than a year since his sophomore album, Trilla, was released, Rick Ross has already built up plenty of anticipation for his junior effort, Deeper Than Rap. Having parted ways with Slip-n-Slide Records, Ross will be releasing the album off his own Maybach Music Group imprint (while keeping his Def Jam distribution). Thus the stage is set for the first official street single. For Mafia Music, Ross bypasses the typical hook-and-verses formula (the title’s not even mentioned) and just spits one straight, inspired verse (with numerous potential quotables) over The Inkredibles’ epic-sounding, 4-minute and 20-second beat. Judging from Mafia Music, the audience should expect Deeper Than Rap to live up to its name (and then some!) when it’s released in April.
Written by Burmy on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.