Today Rick Ross called into Power 105 to premiere his new Drake assisted street single, Made Men, and also reveal the name of his upcoming album, God Forgives, I Don’t. (Yeah, he bit Cory Gunz mixtape title.) Produced by 2 Tall Beats, the instrumental interweaves mellowed out synths with hi-hat and snare combos that perfectly compliment Ross’s heavy flow. Although Ross’s flow is usually smooth yet aggressive, here it’s in-your-face to the point he’s almost roaring on the mic, from the opening line “Don’t even count the money no more, it doesn’t even matter,” (which, I have to say, is how Hammer lost it all), to the last bar. Although Rozay has a nice opening 16, Drake may have stolen the spotlight with just one line: “One of my baddest women ever, I call her Rihanna, but that’s cause her name is Rihanna.” It may be basic, but it was enough to send gossip blogs in frenzy! Although it didn’t make it onto the Ashes to Ashes mixtape as first intended, Made Men is rumored to be included on God Forgives. So what do you think friends, can Ross continue his hot streak this year?
Written by JRTheWriter on 01/4/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.