When you’re alive and well at 34-years-old, does it really make sense to drop a record titled Live Fast Die Young? No, not really. Of course, when you’re the Bawse, you don’t have to make sense – and that goes double when you’ve got a track as dope as this one up your sleeve. On the latest single off Teflon Don, Rick Ross trades his usual, swanky sound for something a little more audacious; while Kanye West‘s brassy beat has a luxurious vibe befitting the Maybach general, a chopped, repeated vocal sample injects a little left-of-center catchiness into the mix. On the lyrical tip, both the headliner and Yeezy largely stick to the time-tested topics of cash, women, and shopping, but quotable lines nonetheless abound – my favorite of the moment being the bizarre but hilarious couplet with which Ross ends his opening verse: “She came to party like it’s 1999 / If she died on my d*ck, she would live through my rhymes.” For more from the Florida heavyweight, grab a copy of his fourth studio album Teflon Don when it hits store shelves and online retailers July 20.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.