When you’re alive and well at 34-years-old, does it really make sense to drop a record titled Live Fast Die Young? No, not really. Of course, when you’re the Bawse, you don’t have to make sense – and that goes double when you’ve got a track as dope as this one up your sleeve. On the latest single off Teflon Don, Rick Ross trades his usual, swanky sound for something a little more audacious; while Kanye West‘s brassy beat has a luxurious vibe befitting the Maybach general, a chopped, repeated vocal sample injects a little left-of-center catchiness into the mix. On the lyrical tip, both the headliner and Yeezy largely stick to the time-tested topics of cash, women, and shopping, but quotable lines nonetheless abound – my favorite of the moment being the bizarre but hilarious couplet with which Ross ends his opening verse: “She came to party like it’s 1999 / If she died on my d*ck, she would live through my rhymes.” For more from the Florida heavyweight, grab a copy of his fourth studio album Teflon Don when it hits store shelves and online retailers July 20.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)