When you’re alive and well at 34-years-old, does it really make sense to drop a record titled Live Fast Die Young? No, not really. Of course, when you’re the Bawse, you don’t have to make sense – and that goes double when you’ve got a track as dope as this one up your sleeve. On the latest single off Teflon Don, Rick Ross trades his usual, swanky sound for something a little more audacious; while Kanye West‘s brassy beat has a luxurious vibe befitting the Maybach general, a chopped, repeated vocal sample injects a little left-of-center catchiness into the mix. On the lyrical tip, both the headliner and Yeezy largely stick to the time-tested topics of cash, women, and shopping, but quotable lines nonetheless abound – my favorite of the moment being the bizarre but hilarious couplet with which Ross ends his opening verse: “She came to party like it’s 1999 / If she died on my d*ck, she would live through my rhymes.” For more from the Florida heavyweight, grab a copy of his fourth studio album Teflon Don when it hits store shelves and online retailers July 20.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.