Though the title of Rick Ross’ fifth studio album suggests a veiled threat, the twin singles he unleashed upon the Internet yesterday were more amorously focused: You’re the Boss saw Young Money heavyweight Nicki Minaj pledging her devotion to the MMG general, and on its currently-featured counterpart Rozay expresses his affection in turn. Of course, dedicating a song to one female would inevitably upset the rest of his sizable harem—not wanting to leave anyone out, the rapper addresses I Love My B*itches to all his women, “from East Coast to West Coast.” Just Blaze works his magic on the production tip, pushing the Chipmunk-soul concept to an infectiously high-pitched apotheosis (anyone recognize the sample?) as the Teflon Don drops verses just as lustfully high-rolling as you’d expect. He even finds time for a little soul-searching: “Am I really just a narcissist / ‘cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?” (Sorry to break it to you Rick, but you are a narcissist—not sure what your soup-drinking habits have to do with it, though.) So, are you loving B*tches? Then keep it locked for all the latest leading up to Rick Ross’ yet-unscheduled new album, God Forgives, I Don’t.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.