Though the title of Rick Ross’ fifth studio album suggests a veiled threat, the twin singles he unleashed upon the Internet yesterday were more amorously focused: You’re the Boss saw Young Money heavyweight Nicki Minaj pledging her devotion to the MMG general, and on its currently-featured counterpart Rozay expresses his affection in turn. Of course, dedicating a song to one female would inevitably upset the rest of his sizable harem—not wanting to leave anyone out, the rapper addresses I Love My B*itches to all his women, “from East Coast to West Coast.” Just Blaze works his magic on the production tip, pushing the Chipmunk-soul concept to an infectiously high-pitched apotheosis (anyone recognize the sample?) as the Teflon Don drops verses just as lustfully high-rolling as you’d expect. He even finds time for a little soul-searching: “Am I really just a narcissist / ‘cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?” (Sorry to break it to you Rick, but you are a narcissist—not sure what your soup-drinking habits have to do with it, though.) So, are you loving B*tches? Then keep it locked for all the latest leading up to Rick Ross’ yet-unscheduled new album, God Forgives, I Don’t.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.