Though the title of Rick Ross’ fifth studio album suggests a veiled threat, the twin singles he unleashed upon the Internet yesterday were more amorously focused: You’re the Boss saw Young Money heavyweight Nicki Minaj pledging her devotion to the MMG general, and on its currently-featured counterpart Rozay expresses his affection in turn. Of course, dedicating a song to one female would inevitably upset the rest of his sizable harem—not wanting to leave anyone out, the rapper addresses I Love My B*itches to all his women, “from East Coast to West Coast.” Just Blaze works his magic on the production tip, pushing the Chipmunk-soul concept to an infectiously high-pitched apotheosis (anyone recognize the sample?) as the Teflon Don drops verses just as lustfully high-rolling as you’d expect. He even finds time for a little soul-searching: “Am I really just a narcissist / ‘cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?” (Sorry to break it to you Rick, but you are a narcissist—not sure what your soup-drinking habits have to do with it, though.) So, are you loving B*tches? Then keep it locked for all the latest leading up to Rick Ross’ yet-unscheduled new album, God Forgives, I Don’t.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.