Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For years “Don’t Hold Me Back bro!” has been the rallying cry of frat boy fights nationwide, yelled by people who, in fact, want their friends to hold them back from a fight. Rick Ross, as always, has other plans. For his latest release, the MMG Bawse lets it be known that only God and a federal indictment could possibly Hold Me Back now. Producer G5 provides exactly the type of beat that’s become the blueprint of all Ross bangers, combining impossibly booming bass with a stuttering hi-hat and looped synth lines. It’s all the motivation Ross needs to list a litany of foes he’s overcome, from ex-girlfriends he’s had deported to their native countries to other rappers who found their careers deaded once they dared step to Ross. I’m not going to lie, after the success of Self Made 2 and the banger that is Hold Me Back, it doesn’t seem like anything can stop the arrival of Ross’ forthcoming album, God Forgives, I Don’t, due to blow out speakers worldwide this Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.