Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For years “Don’t Hold Me Back bro!” has been the rallying cry of frat boy fights nationwide, yelled by people who, in fact, want their friends to hold them back from a fight. Rick Ross, as always, has other plans. For his latest release, the MMG Bawse lets it be known that only God and a federal indictment could possibly Hold Me Back now. Producer G5 provides exactly the type of beat that’s become the blueprint of all Ross bangers, combining impossibly booming bass with a stuttering hi-hat and looped synth lines. It’s all the motivation Ross needs to list a litany of foes he’s overcome, from ex-girlfriends he’s had deported to their native countries to other rappers who found their careers deaded once they dared step to Ross. I’m not going to lie, after the success of Self Made 2 and the banger that is Hold Me Back, it doesn’t seem like anything can stop the arrival of Ross’ forthcoming album, God Forgives, I Don’t, due to blow out speakers worldwide this Tuesday, July 31.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.