Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For years “Don’t Hold Me Back bro!” has been the rallying cry of frat boy fights nationwide, yelled by people who, in fact, want their friends to hold them back from a fight. Rick Ross, as always, has other plans. For his latest release, the MMG Bawse lets it be known that only God and a federal indictment could possibly Hold Me Back now. Producer G5 provides exactly the type of beat that’s become the blueprint of all Ross bangers, combining impossibly booming bass with a stuttering hi-hat and looped synth lines. It’s all the motivation Ross needs to list a litany of foes he’s overcome, from ex-girlfriends he’s had deported to their native countries to other rappers who found their careers deaded once they dared step to Ross. I’m not going to lie, after the success of Self Made 2 and the banger that is Hold Me Back, it doesn’t seem like anything can stop the arrival of Ross’ forthcoming album, God Forgives, I Don’t, due to blow out speakers worldwide this Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.