Rick Ross’ debut album, Port of Miami, was released in August of 2006 and it quickly rose to the number one spot on the Billboard album chart. Ross was hoping for the same success with his new album, Trilla, except it was pushed back from December to February and then again, most recently, to March. While his first single, Speedin’, has slowly slipped down the charts and his new single, The Boss, has yet to pick up steam, The Runners-produced Get Love makes its way into our DJBooth. One of a handful of songs to make its way out of the studio prior to the upcoming album drop, Get Love is unlike previous Ross material; it actually fits the aggravating southern stereotypes of hip-hop. Trilla will be released off Def Jam/Slip-N-Slide on March 11th.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.