Rick Ross’ debut album, Port of Miami, was released in August of 2006 and it quickly rose to the number one spot on the Billboard album chart. Ross was hoping for the same success with his new album, Trilla, except it was pushed back from December to February and then again, most recently, to March. While his first single, Speedin’, has slowly slipped down the charts and his new single, The Boss, has yet to pick up steam, The Runners-produced Get Love makes its way into our DJBooth. One of a handful of songs to make its way out of the studio prior to the upcoming album drop, Get Love is unlike previous Ross material; it actually fits the aggravating southern stereotypes of hip-hop. Trilla will be released off Def Jam/Slip-N-Slide on March 11th.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)