When we featured Mafia Music, the first buzz single off Deeper Than Rap (dropping April 21), many members predicted that Rick Ross’ jabs at 50 Cent would result in a full-fledged beef. Four months later, the drama has turned into an all-out rap war, with each side vowing to ruin the other’s career. Hoping to drop an Ether-sized bomb, Ross has enlisted three longtime enemies of G-Unit for the official remix to the track that started it all. Though The Game (surprise) avoids any outright shots, Curtis’ oldest rival, Ja Rule, pointedly asserts his Queens supremacy, and Fat Joe takes jabs at quite a few of the Unit’s associates. Ross, of course, stands out, name-checking 50 and his son before finishing up with the first few verses of Psalm 27. With the power combo (and The Inkredibles’ epic beat), this remix will undoubtedly be a rallying cry for Unit haters, though one can’t help but wish Jadakiss and Nas were still beefing with 50 Cent (a guest verse from Young Buck would also have been nice).
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.