With Maybach Music 2, Rick Ross spun an ‘08 Booth smash into something even bigger; to quote a certain impetuous young track reviewer, “...essentially, it’s like part one, only moreso.” Needless to say, the Booth went bananas. The countless readers who awarded Pt 2 rave reviews will be happy to hear that the rapper’s back with an official remix well worthy of its predecessor’s name. Though it’s hard to beat the original’s Weezy-Yeezy one-two punch, Maybach Music 2.5‘s star-studded lineup elevates it well beyond direct-to-video status. East Coast mainstay Fabolous, Cash Money boss Birdman, and the Clipse‘s Pusha T all hop into Ross’ ride to spit guest verses over J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s sweeping boardwork (retained from the original, along with T-Pain‘s hook), and the headliner even delivers some brand new bars on the back end. A fittingly epic half-quel to a Booth-acclaimed banger, MM2.5 will leave one question on listeners’ lips: will the Boss be able to top himself once again with MM3: Maybach to the Future (okay, it’s apparently going to be called Teflon Don, but I like my idea better)?
Written by richard on 07/23/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.