Life would be pretty good if I was a millionaire; I’d have a nice house, no student loan debt, and for once I’ll be able to buy a hat and kicks that actually match. Unfortunately for me, I’m not much of a lottery player, nor am I next in line to be a contestant on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Rick Ross, and, by extension, his woman, are in an entirely different boat, as the Maybach Music boss explains on this new single selection. Lay Back Pt. 2, a reworked version of the Deeper Than Rap cut of the same name, retains The Runners’ boardwork and guest feature Robin Thicke’s hook, but features all-new verses from the Miami hitmaker. With the larger-than-life production of previous selections Maybach Music Pt. 2 and Magnificent plus an added dash of energy, this track is sure to appeal to all who have enjoyed Ross’ recent singles, as well as helping move yet more copies of his recently-released third album.
Written by Dr. D on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.