On a track off his sophomore album, Trilla, Rick Ross teamed up with Hova to introduce listeners to a bangin’ new genre called Maybach Music. Judging by the four-star average that cut earned when it hit the Booth back in March of ‘08, the newly-released Pt. 2 couldn’t be an easier sell—essentially, it’s like part one, only moreso: more high-rolling lyricism, more epic, orchestral production by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, and, of course, more big-name collaborators. After a sweeping hook by Autotune maestro T-Pain, Martin Louis Vuitton, Jr. steps up the plate to stunt about his cars, his sex appeal, and his notoriously tight clothing. A pumped-up second verse from the 305 Boss himself, followed by a metaphor-laced closing contribution by Lil Wayne complete this epic musical sequel (and potential single). Deeper Than Rap hits stores on the 21st, and fans should stay tuned for a possible exclusive interview with Ross next week.
Written by richard on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.