On a track off his sophomore album, Trilla, Rick Ross teamed up with Hova to introduce listeners to a bangin’ new genre called Maybach Music. Judging by the four-star average that cut earned when it hit the Booth back in March of ‘08, the newly-released Pt. 2 couldn’t be an easier sell—essentially, it’s like part one, only moreso: more high-rolling lyricism, more epic, orchestral production by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, and, of course, more big-name collaborators. After a sweeping hook by Autotune maestro T-Pain, Martin Louis Vuitton, Jr. steps up the plate to stunt about his cars, his sex appeal, and his notoriously tight clothing. A pumped-up second verse from the 305 Boss himself, followed by a metaphor-laced closing contribution by Lil Wayne complete this epic musical sequel (and potential single). Deeper Than Rap hits stores on the 21st, and fans should stay tuned for a possible exclusive interview with Ross next week.
Written by richard on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.