On a track off his sophomore album, Trilla, Rick Ross teamed up with Hova to introduce listeners to a bangin’ new genre called Maybach Music. Judging by the four-star average that cut earned when it hit the Booth back in March of ‘08, the newly-released Pt. 2 couldn’t be an easier sell—essentially, it’s like part one, only moreso: more high-rolling lyricism, more epic, orchestral production by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, and, of course, more big-name collaborators. After a sweeping hook by Autotune maestro T-Pain, Martin Louis Vuitton, Jr. steps up the plate to stunt about his cars, his sex appeal, and his notoriously tight clothing. A pumped-up second verse from the 305 Boss himself, followed by a metaphor-laced closing contribution by Lil Wayne complete this epic musical sequel (and potential single). Deeper Than Rap hits stores on the 21st, and fans should stay tuned for a possible exclusive interview with Ross next week.
Written by richard on 04/9/09
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)