On a track off his sophomore album, Trilla, Rick Ross teamed up with Hova to introduce listeners to a bangin’ new genre called Maybach Music. Judging by the four-star average that cut earned when it hit the Booth back in March of ‘08, the newly-released Pt. 2 couldn’t be an easier sell—essentially, it’s like part one, only moreso: more high-rolling lyricism, more epic, orchestral production by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, and, of course, more big-name collaborators. After a sweeping hook by Autotune maestro T-Pain, Martin Louis Vuitton, Jr. steps up the plate to stunt about his cars, his sex appeal, and his notoriously tight clothing. A pumped-up second verse from the 305 Boss himself, followed by a metaphor-laced closing contribution by Lil Wayne complete this epic musical sequel (and potential single). Deeper Than Rap hits stores on the 21st, and fans should stay tuned for a possible exclusive interview with Ross next week.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.