We’re just one month into 2009 and Rick Ross is already making brand new headlines. Following the announcement that his forthcoming third studio album, Deeper Than Rap, would not be released through his second label home at Slip-N-Slide Records (instead being delivered via his own label, Maybach Music, and its parent label, Def Jam), the self-proclaimed “Boss” openly dissed fellow emcee 50 Cent on his previously-featured street single, Mafia Music. With his career approaching a potential apex and his buzz at an all-time high, Ross has wisely leaked the first official single off Deeper, entitled Magnificent. Featuring the smooth, laid-back boardwork of Floridian production team J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League and a silky hook from R&B superstar John Legend, the record seems destined for radio success. In fact, it has the potential to work in the streets as well – how else can you explain Legend’s decision to subtly shout out “We The Best” behind the song’s chorus? We see you, Khaled.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!