We’re just one month into 2009 and Rick Ross is already making brand new headlines. Following the announcement that his forthcoming third studio album, Deeper Than Rap, would not be released through his second label home at Slip-N-Slide Records (instead being delivered via his own label, Maybach Music, and its parent label, Def Jam), the self-proclaimed “Boss” openly dissed fellow emcee 50 Cent on his previously-featured street single, Mafia Music. With his career approaching a potential apex and his buzz at an all-time high, Ross has wisely leaked the first official single off Deeper, entitled Magnificent. Featuring the smooth, laid-back boardwork of Floridian production team J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League and a silky hook from R&B superstar John Legend, the record seems destined for radio success. In fact, it has the potential to work in the streets as well – how else can you explain Legend’s decision to subtly shout out “We The Best” behind the song’s chorus? We see you, Khaled.
Written by DJ Z on 01/29/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.