We’re just one month into 2009 and Rick Ross is already making brand new headlines. Following the announcement that his forthcoming third studio album, Deeper Than Rap, would not be released through his second label home at Slip-N-Slide Records (instead being delivered via his own label, Maybach Music, and its parent label, Def Jam), the self-proclaimed “Boss” openly dissed fellow emcee 50 Cent on his previously-featured street single, Mafia Music. With his career approaching a potential apex and his buzz at an all-time high, Ross has wisely leaked the first official single off Deeper, entitled Magnificent. Featuring the smooth, laid-back boardwork of Floridian production team J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League and a silky hook from R&B superstar John Legend, the record seems destined for radio success. In fact, it has the potential to work in the streets as well – how else can you explain Legend’s decision to subtly shout out “We The Best” behind the song’s chorus? We see you, Khaled.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.