When a rap artist becomes successful, a sense of fulfillment —knowing you made it from a run-down hood life to lifestyles of the rich and famous—is sure to kick in. It is important, however, not to let this life-changing sensation cause you to forget where you came from. As an example, just ask Rick Ross and his Triple C’s crew, who remind the listener that they can still be found Ridin’ Thru The Ghetto even though they’re now “worth a million dollars.” Once again, J Rock da Rock Monsta provides banger production, but this time he sings along to Ross’ raps (ala Dre) on the hook to help make Ridin’ Thru The Ghetto something to cruise to—in the obvious setting, of course.
Written by Burmy on 04/15/08
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)