When a rap artist becomes successful, a sense of fulfillment —knowing you made it from a run-down hood life to lifestyles of the rich and famous—is sure to kick in. It is important, however, not to let this life-changing sensation cause you to forget where you came from. As an example, just ask Rick Ross and his Triple C’s crew, who remind the listener that they can still be found Ridin’ Thru The Ghetto even though they’re now “worth a million dollars.” Once again, J Rock da Rock Monsta provides banger production, but this time he sings along to Ross’ raps (ala Dre) on the hook to help make Ridin’ Thru The Ghetto something to cruise to—in the obvious setting, of course.
Written by Burmy on 04/15/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.