For anyone who thought that the T-Pain takeover in 2007 was just a mirage, get your Hip-Hop glasses cleaned. To help kick off the New Year, Pain joins Rick Ross on his new single, The Boss, the second official delivery from the forthcoming Trilla. Produced by JR Rotem, The Boss walks the fine line of a club smash and street anthem. Despite the fact that Trilla was supposed to be released in December (sampling issues forced the album to get pushed to a February 19th), it looks as though Ross will benefit as his R. Kelly collabo, Speedin’, has moved up the charts and The Boss will be sure to follow.
Written by DJ Z on 01/4/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.