Shortly after our fine friends at Def Jam held off on the release of Rick Ross’ sophomore album Trilla until February, his lead single Speedin’ took off (no pun intended) with the assistance of its corresponding video premiere. To increase the popularity of the single, the self-proclaimed Boss and his original collaborator, R. Kelly, have paved the way for an assist from teen sensation Chris Brown. In heavy rotation at both MTV and BET, and even used on a telecast of ESPN’s Monday Night Football, Ross looks as though he will race into ’08 with plenty of momentum behind him.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.