Shortly after our fine friends at Def Jam held off on the release of Rick Ross’ sophomore album Trilla until February, his lead single Speedin’ took off (no pun intended) with the assistance of its corresponding video premiere. To increase the popularity of the single, the self-proclaimed Boss and his original collaborator, R. Kelly, have paved the way for an assist from teen sensation Chris Brown. In heavy rotation at both MTV and BET, and even used on a telecast of ESPN’s Monday Night Football, Ross looks as though he will race into ’08 with plenty of momentum behind him.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.