When hip-hop fans hear the name Rick Ross they perceive the Miami MC as a newcomer (of sorts) to the game. Although Ross may have only just released his second major label album this past winter, Trilla doesn’t represent the sophomore stage of Ross’s career. In August of ‘06, when he debuted at #1 with the release of Port of Miami, The Boss had been in the rap game almost a decade. Now a large-and-in-charge figure in the industry, Ross continues his trek toward supremacy with the third single off his already gold-certified LP. On Here I Am, Ross is joined by Lou representative Nelly and New York singer Avery Storm, for a “baby, don’t look any further” ladies jam. Being that Ross has already exceeded expectations for Trilla, Here I Am couldn’t be a more appropriate choice.
Written by DJ Z on 04/30/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.