When hip-hop fans hear the name Rick Ross they perceive the Miami MC as a newcomer (of sorts) to the game. Although Ross may have only just released his second major label album this past winter, Trilla doesn’t represent the sophomore stage of Ross’s career. In August of ‘06, when he debuted at #1 with the release of Port of Miami, The Boss had been in the rap game almost a decade. Now a large-and-in-charge figure in the industry, Ross continues his trek toward supremacy with the third single off his already gold-certified LP. On Here I Am, Ross is joined by Lou representative Nelly and New York singer Avery Storm, for a “baby, don’t look any further” ladies jam. Being that Ross has already exceeded expectations for Trilla, Here I Am couldn’t be a more appropriate choice.
Written by DJ Z on 04/30/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.