As the calendar flips to March and tax season rolls into high gear, most of the American public will become overwhelmed, frustrated and heavily stressed. While making sure he isn’t on the short end of the number cruncher, rapper Rick Ross and top-notch accompaniment explain why living a life of wealth leads to a very taxing situation; both literally and figuratively. Luxury Tax, a collaboration with Lil’ Wayne, Young Jeezy and Trick Daddy off the forthcoming Trilla, is helmed by producers J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League who help the four taxed MCs with a horn-infused, 70’s-esque beat (think Shaft-era). Trilla will (finally) be released on Def Jam Records March 11.
Written by DJ Z on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.