As the calendar flips to March and tax season rolls into high gear, most of the American public will become overwhelmed, frustrated and heavily stressed. While making sure he isn’t on the short end of the number cruncher, rapper Rick Ross and top-notch accompaniment explain why living a life of wealth leads to a very taxing situation; both literally and figuratively. Luxury Tax, a collaboration with Lil’ Wayne, Young Jeezy and Trick Daddy off the forthcoming Trilla, is helmed by producers J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League who help the four taxed MCs with a horn-infused, 70’s-esque beat (think Shaft-era). Trilla will (finally) be released on Def Jam Records March 11.
Written by DJ Z on 02/28/08
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.