As the calendar flips to March and tax season rolls into high gear, most of the American public will become overwhelmed, frustrated and heavily stressed. While making sure he isn’t on the short end of the number cruncher, rapper Rick Ross and top-notch accompaniment explain why living a life of wealth leads to a very taxing situation; both literally and figuratively. Luxury Tax, a collaboration with Lil’ Wayne, Young Jeezy and Trick Daddy off the forthcoming Trilla, is helmed by producers J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League who help the four taxed MCs with a horn-infused, 70’s-esque beat (think Shaft-era). Trilla will (finally) be released on Def Jam Records March 11.
Written by DJ Z on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.