With little money to pay big name producers, labels often defer to their artists’ deep pockets to help pay the bills. Always known to flaunt his wealth, rapper Rick Ross had no problem snatching up two major beat makers to assist with the Drought. As Ross raps about the usual, both Lil’ Jon & Mannie Fresh provide their respective talents on a low-bass beat and infectious hook. While it’s still unclear whether Drought will be a track on the up-coming Trilla, it is an excellent record to bump out of your car speakers. Trilla was recently pushed back from December 18th to February 19th.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)