After months of grinding, rapper/singer Flo-Rida’s hit single Low has climbed towards the top of the charts. Whereas Flo used the help of T-Pain and his characteristically-boxed voice to increase listenership for Low, fellow Floridian Rick Ross is doing the same with Flo-Rida on his new song, Street Money. Over a J-Rock beat (which bleeds Cool & Dre) Flo sings about the extra hustle needed to obtain ‘street money’ and Ross divulges that he is incapable of getting away from the glory days of his past. The collaboration between the two artists, unlike most these days, works on a number of levels. Their common roots foster harmony and should get them industry money.
Written by DJ Z on 11/14/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.