After months of grinding, rapper/singer Flo-Rida’s hit single Low has climbed towards the top of the charts. Whereas Flo used the help of T-Pain and his characteristically-boxed voice to increase listenership for Low, fellow Floridian Rick Ross is doing the same with Flo-Rida on his new song, Street Money. Over a J-Rock beat (which bleeds Cool & Dre) Flo sings about the extra hustle needed to obtain ‘street money’ and Ross divulges that he is incapable of getting away from the glory days of his past. The collaboration between the two artists, unlike most these days, works on a number of levels. Their common roots foster harmony and should get them industry money.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.