After months of grinding, rapper/singer Flo-Rida’s hit single Low has climbed towards the top of the charts. Whereas Flo used the help of T-Pain and his characteristically-boxed voice to increase listenership for Low, fellow Floridian Rick Ross is doing the same with Flo-Rida on his new song, Street Money. Over a J-Rock beat (which bleeds Cool & Dre) Flo sings about the extra hustle needed to obtain ‘street money’ and Ross divulges that he is incapable of getting away from the glory days of his past. The collaboration between the two artists, unlike most these days, works on a number of levels. Their common roots foster harmony and should get them industry money.
Written by DJ Z on 11/14/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)