After months of grinding, rapper/singer Flo-Rida’s hit single Low has climbed towards the top of the charts. Whereas Flo used the help of T-Pain and his characteristically-boxed voice to increase listenership for Low, fellow Floridian Rick Ross is doing the same with Flo-Rida on his new song, Street Money. Over a J-Rock beat (which bleeds Cool & Dre) Flo sings about the extra hustle needed to obtain ‘street money’ and Ross divulges that he is incapable of getting away from the glory days of his past. The collaboration between the two artists, unlike most these days, works on a number of levels. Their common roots foster harmony and should get them industry money.
Written by DJ Z on 11/14/07
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.