It’s been a long, hard road from Rick Ross‘s beginnings as a
correctional officer coke dealer to his current stature as the leader of the untouchable Maybach Music Empire. On Drug Dealers Dream, the latest single off his sixth studio album, Ricky Rozay spits gruff bars about the pitfalls of the hustler’s lifestyle, and the pain and struggle that surrounded him during every step of his journey to the top. J. Manifest backs the rap heavyweight’s bars with cinematic strings, snare rolls and as tension-fraught piano arpeggios. Dre Films directs the official video, featuring footage from sunny St. Kitts. For Drug Dealers Dream and much more, cop Ross’s Mastermind LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.