It’s been a long, hard road from Rick Ross‘s beginnings as a
correctional officer coke dealer to his current stature as the leader of the untouchable Maybach Music Empire. On Drug Dealers Dream, the latest single off his sixth studio album, Ricky Rozay spits gruff bars about the pitfalls of the hustler’s lifestyle, and the pain and struggle that surrounded him during every step of his journey to the top. J. Manifest backs the rap heavyweight’s bars with cinematic strings, snare rolls and as tension-fraught piano arpeggios. Dre Films directs the official video, featuring footage from sunny St. Kitts. For Drug Dealers Dream and much more, cop Ross’s Mastermind LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.