Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Diced Pinapples visual. Mobile users can scroll down.
While Rick Ross strikes me as more of a hot wings dusted with lemon pepper seasoning kind of man, he’s clearly also a fan of seductively sliced tropical fruit (for reasons that probably aren’t entirely appropriate to discuss). On his latest song release, Diced Pineapples, The Bawse recruits fellow Maybach Music lyricist Wale and hook connoisseur Drake for a sultry tune. If the song’s piano-laced production, courtesy of Cardiak, doesn’t signify “song for the ladies” then Drake’s silky smooth hook certainly will. Thankfully, both Wale and the man who signs his checks help the record retain its hip-hop edge with their suave, R-Rated verses. Diced Pineapples will be featured on Ross’ fifth studio album, God Forgives, I Don’t, which will be released next Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.