Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Diced Pinapples visual. Mobile users can scroll down.
While Rick Ross strikes me as more of a hot wings dusted with lemon pepper seasoning kind of man, he’s clearly also a fan of seductively sliced tropical fruit (for reasons that probably aren’t entirely appropriate to discuss). On his latest song release, Diced Pineapples, The Bawse recruits fellow Maybach Music lyricist Wale and hook connoisseur Drake for a sultry tune. If the song’s piano-laced production, courtesy of Cardiak, doesn’t signify “song for the ladies” then Drake’s silky smooth hook certainly will. Thankfully, both Wale and the man who signs his checks help the record retain its hip-hop edge with their suave, R-Rated verses. Diced Pineapples will be featured on Ross’ fifth studio album, God Forgives, I Don’t, which will be released next Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.