Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Diced Pinapples visual. Mobile users can scroll down.
While Rick Ross strikes me as more of a hot wings dusted with lemon pepper seasoning kind of man, he’s clearly also a fan of seductively sliced tropical fruit (for reasons that probably aren’t entirely appropriate to discuss). On his latest song release, Diced Pineapples, The Bawse recruits fellow Maybach Music lyricist Wale and hook connoisseur Drake for a sultry tune. If the song’s piano-laced production, courtesy of Cardiak, doesn’t signify “song for the ladies” then Drake’s silky smooth hook certainly will. Thankfully, both Wale and the man who signs his checks help the record retain its hip-hop edge with their suave, R-Rated verses. Diced Pineapples will be featured on Ross’ fifth studio album, God Forgives, I Don’t, which will be released next Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/11/12
Rick Ross isn’t a rapper. Or rather, rapper is only one job title on his increasingly large resume. At this point Ross is more cultural institution than he is artist. What started as William Leonard Roberts II is now Ricky...
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)