Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Diced Pinapples visual. Mobile users can scroll down.
While Rick Ross strikes me as more of a hot wings dusted with lemon pepper seasoning kind of man, he’s clearly also a fan of seductively sliced tropical fruit (for reasons that probably aren’t entirely appropriate to discuss). On his latest song release, Diced Pineapples, The Bawse recruits fellow Maybach Music lyricist Wale and hook connoisseur Drake for a sultry tune. If the song’s piano-laced production, courtesy of Cardiak, doesn’t signify “song for the ladies” then Drake’s silky smooth hook certainly will. Thankfully, both Wale and the man who signs his checks help the record retain its hip-hop edge with their suave, R-Rated verses. Diced Pineapples will be featured on Ross’ fifth studio album, God Forgives, I Don’t, which will be released next Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/11/12
Rick Ross isn’t a rapper. Or rather, rapper is only one job title on his increasingly large resume. At this point Ross is more cultural institution than he is artist. What started as William Leonard Roberts II is now Ricky...
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.