Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Diced Pinapples visual. Mobile users can scroll down.
While Rick Ross strikes me as more of a hot wings dusted with lemon pepper seasoning kind of man, he’s clearly also a fan of seductively sliced tropical fruit (for reasons that probably aren’t entirely appropriate to discuss). On his latest song release, Diced Pineapples, The Bawse recruits fellow Maybach Music lyricist Wale and hook connoisseur Drake for a sultry tune. If the song’s piano-laced production, courtesy of Cardiak, doesn’t signify “song for the ladies” then Drake’s silky smooth hook certainly will. Thankfully, both Wale and the man who signs his checks help the record retain its hip-hop edge with their suave, R-Rated verses. Diced Pineapples will be featured on Ross’ fifth studio album, God Forgives, I Don’t, which will be released next Tuesday, July 31.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.