Somebody just murdered one of Rick Ross’ homies, and the Boss has revenge on his mind. On a new song from the upcoming Trilla, Ross descriptively illustrates his master plan for vengeance (even comparing himself to Saddam Hussein at one point). Eventually, the plot boils down to a simple desire: make the transgressor Cry. The Dopeboyz’ saxophone beat and a Guru sample make Cry sound like it came straight from one of the Shaft movies. Expect more genre-crossing street anthems when Trilla drops on its new release date, November 11th.
Written by Burmy on 09/7/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.