Somebody just murdered one of Rick Ross’ homies, and the Boss has revenge on his mind. On a new song from the upcoming Trilla, Ross descriptively illustrates his master plan for vengeance (even comparing himself to Saddam Hussein at one point). Eventually, the plot boils down to a simple desire: make the transgressor Cry. The Dopeboyz’ saxophone beat and a Guru sample make Cry sound like it came straight from one of the Shaft movies. Expect more genre-crossing street anthems when Trilla drops on its new release date, November 11th.
Written by Burmy on 09/7/07
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.