Rick Ross‘s name has been in the spotlight the last few months, but it isn’t solely because of his music. Though rumors emerged about the rapper’s alleged past as a corrections officer, the Miami native has vigorously defended himself and continues to record new music for his junior album, Deeper Than Rap. Over Kanye West‘s instrumental from the Lil’ Wayne/Babyface collabo Comfortable, the Boss explains that he doesn’t let negative rumors bother him and apparently, he is on pace to earn $20 million by the end of next April. Seems like he chose the right career path, huh? Regardless, whatever your stance is on Ross’s suspected line of work prior to getting “on” as a rapper, you can’t knock the man for the continuous line (no pun intended) of hits he has delivered over his first two Def Jam releases.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)