Rick Ross‘s name has been in the spotlight the last few months, but it isn’t solely because of his music. Though rumors emerged about the rapper’s alleged past as a corrections officer, the Miami native has vigorously defended himself and continues to record new music for his junior album, Deeper Than Rap. Over Kanye West‘s instrumental from the Lil’ Wayne/Babyface collabo Comfortable, the Boss explains that he doesn’t let negative rumors bother him and apparently, he is on pace to earn $20 million by the end of next April. Seems like he chose the right career path, huh? Regardless, whatever your stance is on Ross’s suspected line of work prior to getting “on” as a rapper, you can’t knock the man for the continuous line (no pun intended) of hits he has delivered over his first two Def Jam releases.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.