Rick Ross‘s name has been in the spotlight the last few months, but it isn’t solely because of his music. Though rumors emerged about the rapper’s alleged past as a corrections officer, the Miami native has vigorously defended himself and continues to record new music for his junior album, Deeper Than Rap. Over Kanye West‘s instrumental from the Lil’ Wayne/Babyface collabo Comfortable, the Boss explains that he doesn’t let negative rumors bother him and apparently, he is on pace to earn $20 million by the end of next April. Seems like he chose the right career path, huh? Regardless, whatever your stance is on Ross’s suspected line of work prior to getting “on” as a rapper, you can’t knock the man for the continuous line (no pun intended) of hits he has delivered over his first two Def Jam releases.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.