Though Mafia Music and Magnificent have yet to climb the charts like the Boss’s past hits, Rick Ross has all the publicity he needs to do big numbers with his upcoming junior album, Deeper Than Rap. In his planning for the LP’s release, the Maybach Music general has set the stage for the final battle of his war on 50 Cent; both Deeper than Rap and Before I Self Destruct will drop on March 24th. On his latest street single, however, Ross is just chilling back, smoking a Cuban, and enjoying the nostalgic Cigar Music. Enhanced by the vocal stylings of a currently-uncredited hook singer and veteran beatsmith B!nk‘s production, Cigar Music (I Do It) fits right into Ross’ extensive résumé of epic-sounding hits. The battle lines are drawn for March 24; place your bets now as to who’s going to win.
Written by Burmy on 02/15/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.