Though Mafia Music and Magnificent have yet to climb the charts like the Boss’s past hits, Rick Ross has all the publicity he needs to do big numbers with his upcoming junior album, Deeper Than Rap. In his planning for the LP’s release, the Maybach Music general has set the stage for the final battle of his war on 50 Cent; both Deeper than Rap and Before I Self Destruct will drop on March 24th. On his latest street single, however, Ross is just chilling back, smoking a Cuban, and enjoying the nostalgic Cigar Music. Enhanced by the vocal stylings of a currently-uncredited hook singer and veteran beatsmith B!nk‘s production, Cigar Music (I Do It) fits right into Ross’ extensive résumé of epic-sounding hits. The battle lines are drawn for March 24; place your bets now as to who’s going to win.
Written by Burmy on 02/15/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.