It was the summer of 2006, when I graduated high school and my niece was born, both great reasons for remembering that summer so clearly. But I also remember a new rapper who broke through with his smash hit Hustlin’. Perhaps you remember it? Since then, Rick Ross has molded himself into a Rap heavyweight (pun intended) and has arguably been the genre’s MVP over the last eighteen months. So after releasing Maybach Music Group’s Self Made album in 2011, the boss is set to follow up with Self Made, Vol 2, and today we have that project’s lead single Bag of Money. Produced by Beat Billionaire, Bag of Money is a smooth record in which Ross enlists MMG soldiers Wale and Meek Mill, in addition to frequent collaborator T-Pain, to help him describe his favorite type of female: one that resembles a bag of money (figuratively). If you’re looking for more music about money, women and women who resemble money you’re in luck. 2012 looks to be a busy year for Ross and company as Self Made, Vol 2 is slated for a release on June 26, in addition to his new solo album, God Forgives, I Don’t and Meek Mill’s Dreams & Nightmares.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.