Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Does art imitate life, or vice-versa? Did the siren-laden beat on Rick Ross’ latest featured record inspire the emcee to rap about his 911, or did Ross first rap about his 911, which then inspired producer Young Shun to add sirens to his production? We’ll likely never know. However, I do know that God Forgives, I Don’t officially drops this Tuesday, and in order to prep y’all Rozay has dropped off yet another street single (for the record, the fourth record with “911” in the title to be featured at The DJBooth). Produced by the aforementioned Young Shun, 911 is a head-nodding and drum-heavy track over which the MMG head honcho raps about firing his stylist, flying in private jets, and spending a quarter million on his 911; basically he raps about doing things the 99% will never be able to do. So go ‘head and press play, but come Tuesday be sure to jump into your 911 Camry and cop GFID. BAWSE!
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.